-My Transmitter Doesn’t Link/Connect With My Aircraft
Try powering down your aircraft and transmitter and trying again.
Power on your Q500 and after 4 seconds, immediately tilt the airframe forward and level 2 times until you see a flashing yellow light, then select Flight Settings on the ST10. Click Okay on the warning screen. Now select Bind. Your Q500 should show up in the Model selection. Click on your model and a connection established will pop up. Now just tap the back arrow 2 times and your Q500 should be connected to your ST10 Smart Transmitter.
If this fails, please contact Yuneec UK or a Yuneec Authorised Service Provider, as the Q500 may need to be sent in for service/repair.
-My Camera Doesn’t Link/Connect With My Transmitter
1) Try cycling the power by switching off your aircraft and transmitter and then powering on your transmitter and the aircraft again to see if it connects.
2) Power on your Q500 and ST10 and wait for everything to initialise (It’s initialised when you see the aircraft voltage located at the top right hand corner of the ST10’s screen, below the battery meter and the number of satellites ST10 is linked to). Now, select Flight Settings on the main screen and click OK. First you will want to click on Camera Select and choose C-GO2. Click OK on the following screen. Click back once and then select Bind. Your camera should show up under the Camera list. Select your camera. It will then ask for a password. Enter your password and click okay. Your camera is now connected. Click the back arrow two times to return to the main screen.
(Current default password: 1234567890)
3) If all this fails, please contact Yuneec UK or a Yuneec Authorised Service Provider, as the Q500 may need to be sent in for repair.
-My Aircraft Will Not Start And Shows A Yellow Flashing LED.
This requires a compass calibration; please see the COMPASS CALIBRATION in the instructions.
-Which Way Are The Propellers Installed?
1) The propellers are labelled A and B and are installed onto the corresponding motors that are also labelled with A and B. Each propeller will also have a lock and unlock diagram that will alert you to which way they should be tightened or loosened.
2) Check the threads to ensure they are not damaged. If damaged you may need to replace the motor. If the threads are okay, you may apply a very small drop of anti-cease to the threads.
-Why Does My Battery Door Not Open?
1) Try Pushing on the ridged section above the ‘PUSH’ indications with some force and release.
2) Locking mechanism might be damaged or needs to be replaced. Door latches are available in the spare parts section on the Yuneec.uk website.
-Why Is My Battery Not Charging?
1) Check the adapter from the charger to the battery. Make sure the pins are not bent and that it is fully plugged into both the charger and the battery.
2) Check the power cable from the wall outlet to the charger and make sure it is plugged in all the way.
3) The LiPo battery supplied with the Q500 must have all the cells within balance for the charger to work. If one cell is bad this can prevent the charger from charging the pack.
4) The Q500 is equipped with a Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery that requires to be maintained at a certain voltage. If the voltage is too low the charger will not charge the battery. DO NOT Ship your battery without first calling Yuneec UK. Your battery may have to be repaired or replaced.
-Why Is One Of My Rotors / Motors Not Starting?
1) This could possibly be that all the speed controllers did not initialise properly. Try to restart the Q500.
2) Check to see if the motor that did not start is free and spins easily. If it does not you may have something stuck between the motor and the frame.
3) Problem with the speed controller. Please contact Yuneec UK or a Yuneec Authorised Service Provider, as the Q500 may need to be sent in for repair/service.
-My Camera Won’t Record Videos Or Take Pictures? What Do I Do?
1) The CGO2-GB can only be used with class 10 or higher microSD cards with a size between 2GB - 128GB (gigabytes).
2) The camera must be connected to the ST10 in order for it to take pictures or video.
-What Memory Card Works With The Camera?
Class 10 or greater microSD cards. 2-128 gigabytes.
-Why Does My 64GB Memory Card NOT Work With My Camera?
The CGO2GB only supports Class 10 or greater microSD cards up to 128GB (gigabytes).
-Why Does My Aircraft Vibrate?
Check for Broken and/or unbalanced propellers (replace), loose screws (tighten), loose, broken or damaged landing gear.
-Why Does My Video Shake And Look Out Of Focus?
1) Check Rubber Dampeners on the gimbal mount. They all must be fully installed to isolate vibrations.
DO NOT place anything through the damper holes to hold the camera - this will severely affect the damper operation.
2) Check to see if the CGO2 is vibrating. If it is you may need to adjust the weight on the back of the camera pod by turning it clockwise (inward) or turning it counter-clockwise (outward) in small increments until this vibration has ceased.
3) If crashed the CGO2 may need to be re-calibrated. Download the Software and follow the instructions in the Q500 Graphical User Interface. If this does not work you will have to send the aircraft in for repairs.
-Why Does My Aircraft Not Land Next To Me When I Select Home Mode?
The Q500 uses the transmitter as its home reference point and will land within 3-5 meters of the transmitter position. If you moved while in flight the Q500 will fly back to the new transmitter position. You may adjust this final landing location by using the Pitch (Elevator) / Roll (Aileron) stick (right stick) during the descent.
-Why Is My Aircraft Not Responding To My Control Inputs Precisely?
Bad GPS Signal, potentially from flying in between buildings or obstructions.
-Why Does My Video Link Look Delayed?
This can be due to obstructions, other Wi-Fi /RF emissions nearby. Try flying at a different location. It could also be the Q500 is flying too far away or out of Line of Sight. Also try pointing the flat part of your ST10 Transmitter toward the Aircraft / Camera.
-Why Does My Aircraft Not Start And Red / White LEDs Are Flashing?
The Q500 is within an Airport No Fly Zone or other geo restricted location.
-Why Does My Aircraft LED Indications Show Green, Blue Red?
Low Battery Warning.
-Why Do the LEDs Under The 4 Motors Flash 3 Times Per Second?
The GPS is disabled.
-Is My Firmware Upgradable?
Yes, for your Aircraft and CGO2 gimbal firmware, using the included USB Interface/Programmer.
For the Camera and Transmitter by loading a special firmware file onto a microSD card and inserting the microSD card into the camera or transmitter, then powering on the equipment and following a set procedure.
Videos of the firmware updates are availble on YouTube - look for item update video (i.e. ST10 firmware update)
Firmware downloads are avaialable via the links in the Support > Downloads section on the Yuneec UK web site.
-Do You Have Waypoint Functionality?
The current Q500 firmware does not support waypoint functionality.
-Why Does My CGO2 Vibrate?
Could be because of too much drag from a loose wire, or needs to be recalibrated by our team. Please contact Yuneec or a Yuneec Authorised Service Provider, as the Q500 may need to be sent in for repair.
-How Long Should I Charge The Aircraft Battery For?
The included charger may take up to 3 hours to fully charge your battery. For faster charging after market chargers are available.
-How Long Should I Charge The Transmitter Battery For?
The included charger will take approximately 3 hours to fully charge your transmitter.
-Why Does My Aircraft Land Hard And Bounce?
The weather or temperature may have changed causing the pressure sensor/barometer inside the Q500 to change. This will in turn mean the logged ground height setting (QFE in aviation terms) is different causing the Q500 to land a little harder than usual. This is completely normal and should not damage anything on the Q500.
Turning the Q500 off after every flight period should stop hard landings.